*Note: I will post a French version of this entry shortly, as it is already very long in English!
*Note: Je créerai une version de cet article de blog en français bientôt, parce que c’est très long en anglais!
This is Michelle again! As you know, last year was busy as anything and this year is shaping up to be somewhat more relaxed. That said, some changes are coming, which I wanted to highlight by first sharing my New Year’s Resolutions and then mentioning some other changes, a few of which I have mentioned before. That said, here are the New Year’s Resolutions as I posted them on Facebook:
1. I resolve to spend more time with God in prayer, quiet times, service, and any other form of worship which He calls me to practice. After all, I claim He is my top priority in my life and claim to follow His command of doing so. Therefore, I must make it so, right? That I will, by His grace alone.
2. I resolve to spend more quality time with my family and friends as well, being intentional in every encounter I have with loved ones. (Yes, this includes Reilly and my future fur-daughter, Dixie Mirabelle.)
3. I resolve to get healthier in all respects by taking care of myself in terms of eating, exercise, et cetera. For example, I will be eating more fruits and vegetables, more complex carbohydrates and proteins, more unsaturated fats and less simple carbs, junk food, et cetera. I will also exercise daily and resolve to sleep 8-9 hours per night on a consistent schedule insofar as I am able.
4. I resolve to be less critical and judgmental of myself and others in my life. After all, I have discovered that I can be a perfectionist in many areas of my life and that I need to “let go and let God” work out my life. He created me, made me His child, and knows what is best for me for many other reasons besides those listed (cf. Psalm 46:10, Isaiah 55:8-9, et cetera)
5. Finally, I resolve to live more intentionally in everything else I do: applying myself more to my studies, saving more money, giving more of my time and talent to loving others as God has called me to do, working towards a bright future more seriously, and having fun in life, too!
Indeed, I am looking forward to what 2015 will bring, thanks be to God, and prepared to enjoy the bulk of it, as I know there will be setbacks along the way. Oh well, that’s life!
Finally, I intend to work more on videos, songwriting, and other creative projects such as spoken-word poetry and jewelry-making. Look for them in the near future (today on!).
So, what are your New Year’s Resolutions and what did you like best and least about last year? If you could do anything the same and anything differently, given the chance to relive last year, how would you do that? Let me know and I look forward to reading your comments!
God Bless, as always,