HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!
I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted. I’m sorry for the long absence, ask pardon, and promise more consistent blogging in the future. I’ve been very busy with work (namely, the school for which I work has a summer camp, so that keeps me busy!) and other major changes in my life, so that does a lot to keep someone offline! Very well, now that I have some time to sit down and reflect on the past eight months and the significance of today, I will, I think!
The original aim of today’s entry was to reflect on what being an American means to me, anyway, and I had the same question for you who are my fellow Americans: What does being an American mean to you? Additionally, for what blessings do you find yourself most grateful today? For non-Americans reading this post: What blessings do you find yourself most grateful for today and what is freedom in your minds?
For me, being a born-and-bred American, I find myself most thankful:
1) To be a Christian/Christ-follower who is able to know, love, and worship Him freely as my God, Lord, Savior, Forgiver, Leader, Master, and Father;
2) For my family and friends (my puppies and loved ones’ pets included in that group!);
3) For the military, law enforcement, public health and safety, and educational workers, both in the public and private sector, who work for the benefit of our nation and the world around us every day;
4) For all who contribute to the good of our nation daily, in ways both known and unknown;
5) And, well, to be blessed with more than I ever thought possible, both materially and immaterially. What a priceless gift being alive, well, and free is, no matter what one may have to say of the good and evil in this nation!
I pray all of you have as blessed a day as I did and I thank God for each of you!